About This Notice
We are committed to protecting your privacy and earning your trust. This notice describes the personal information we collect about you and how we use and protect it. It applies to our current and former customers who live in your state, and replaces earlier versions that we may have given you.
- We gather information from you, your transactions with us, and outside sources.
- We use your information only to conduct our business and provide insurance to you.
- We will share your information with your selected agent or broker.
- We will not share your information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- We limit access to your information and use safeguards to help protect it.
- You may review and correct your information.
What information do you collect about me?
We collect information about you to quote and service your insurance policy. This is called "Nonpublic Personal Information" if it identifies you and is not available to the public. Depending on the product, we collect it from some or all of the following sources. We have provided a few examples for each source, but not all may apply to you.
- Application Information: You provide this on your application, through your agent or broker, by phone, or online. We may also obtain it from directories and other outside sources. It includes your name, street and e-mail addresses, phone number, driver's license number, Social Security number, date of birth, gender, marital status, type of vehicle, and information about other drivers.
- Consumer Report Information: We obtain this from consumer reporting agencies. It includes your driving record, claims history with other insurers, and credit report information. The information is kept by the consumer reporting agencies and disclosed by them to others as permitted by law.
- Transaction Information: This is information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others. It includes your insurance coverages, limits and rates, and payment and claims history. It also includes information that we require for billing and payment.
- Website information: This information is unique to Internet transactions. It includes the Website that linked you to ours, your computer operating system, and the pages you viewed on our site. Some Websites, including ours, may also store "cookies" on your computer. Cookies collect technical data, like your Internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, and session ID. They can also save certain information entered by you.
Who might get information about me from you?
We will share information about you only as permitted by law. We will not share your Nonpublic Personal Information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent. There is no need to "opt out" or tell us not to do this. Disclosures include those that we feel are required to provide insurance claims or customer service, prevent fraud, perform research or comply with the law. Recipients include, for example, our family of insurance companies, claims representatives, service providers, consumer reporting agencies, insurance agents and brokers, law enforcement, courts and government agencies. These parties may disclose the information to others as permitted by law. For example, Consumer reporting agencies may disclose Transaction Information received from us to other insurance companies with which you do business. Where permitted by law, we may also disclose Application or Transaction Information to service providers that help us market our products. These service providers may include financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
How do you protect my information?
We restrict access to your Nonpublic Personal Information to our employees and others who we feel must use it to provide our products and services. Their use of the information is limited by law, our employee code of conduct, and written agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information.
How can I review and correct information you have about me?
Is there additional information for Website visitors?
Why do you ask for my e-mail address?
When you quote or buy insurance on our Website, we collect your e-mail address so that we can send you e-mails concerning your transactions with us, and other information we think you'll find useful. We will also use your e-mail address to provide updates about our products and services. You can stop receiving promotional updates by using the links provided in the emails. Customers may also manage their preferences in the policy services area of our Website. To ensure you get our e-mails, our service provider or we may receive confirmations when you open them or click through e-mail links. These confirmations may also show whether your e-mail application supports graphics, so we can tailor our messages to you. We will share your e-mail address with your selected agent or broker. We will not share your e-mail address with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
What about Website security?
Our security measures help ensure that your data is secured and encrypted, so that others cannot access it while in transit. We limit access to our servers and require our employees to adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity in performing their jobs. We use a secure server and security protocol to safeguard information you provide during the purchase process. Our secure server uses a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to interact with you when you provide personal information during the purchase process. We handle your information via 128-bit encryption. Every secure page on our Websites has a digital certificate by RSA Data Security/Secure Server CA. This is shown via the site certificate that resides on all secure pages. To view it, click on the image of the "closed lock" or the "solid key" on the bottom of your browser window. A small frame displaying security information will appear. Click on "subject" to verify that you are on our site. Click on "Issuer" to verify the site certification authority.
What about links to other Websites?
Our Website contains links to other sites that are not ours. These links are solely for your convenience. We make no warranties or representations about other Web sites. We recommend that you read the privacy and security policies of these sites.